What is Our Environment?
Our Environment is an inte- ractive, free, online service providing access to some of Landcare Research´s consid- erable holdings of enviro- nmental data. With a thematic focus, it has been designed to be usable by the general user although experts should find it of value too. Over the coming months additional data and information will be added to Our Environment so that it becomes a comprehensive land atlas of New Zealand.
What can you do with Our Environment?
Using Our Environment you can:
- Use online, interactive maps to learn about your local environment and regional differences.
- Select particular data themes to view as maps.
- View detailed information from a particular data theme.
- Obtain further details about particular data themes (metadata).
- Create high quality, custom PDF maps for printing.
Our Environment Service Status
Maximum 10 minutes downtime expected at 4.30pm today (11/04/2018) for system maintenance.
Please take part in our survey about Our Environment
At Landcare Research we continually aim to improve our environmental information websites. To this end we are conducting a survey of some of our websites including Our Environment. Your views are crucial to this process and will help shape the future of our online services.
We value your time and input tremendously, and are offering three prizes of a $100 voucher of your choice as a small thank you. The winners will be randomly selected from all survey respondents.
Click here to begin the survey
Thanks for taking part.