What is Our Environment?
Our Environment is an interactive, free, online service providing access to some of Manaaki Whenua´s considerable holdings of environmental data. With a thematic focus, it has been designed to be usable by the general user although experts should find it of value too. Over the coming years additional data and information will be added to Our Environment so that it becomes a comprehensive land atlas of New Zealand.
Use the NZ Land Atlas to view maps and learn about New Zealand's land resources.
Use the NZ Landcover Change Explorer to see how New Zealand's landcover changed between 1996 and 2018.
What can you do with Our Environment?
Using the NZ Land Atlas you can:
- Use online, interactive maps to learn about your local environment and regional differences.
- Select particular data themes to view as maps.
- View detailed information from a particular data theme for a location and area.
- Obtain further details about particular data themes (metadata).
- Create high quality, custom PDF maps for printing.
- Connect through to Manaaki Whenua's LRIS Portal to download the data you are viewing.
Not all features are available on all devices.